Thank you for choosing Unlocking Belize.
In these Terms, "we", "us", "our", "Unlocking Belize" and "UNLOCKINGBELIZE.COM" refers to Unlocking Belize, LLC. The term "You" and "Your" refers to the user of the services offered by unlockingbelize.com through any of its current channels -telephone, and/or website, and/or mobile application (the "Platform(s)" and/or the "Site")- or future channels.
We may modify these Terms for any reason—at any time—by posting a new version on Our Website. Your continued use of Our Website following the posting of modified Terms will be subject to the Terms in effect at the time of your use. Please review these Terms periodically for changes.
Scope of Unlocking Belize Services
- The Unlocking Belize Platform, is an online travel marketplace through which a huge number of tourism service providers (the "Service Provider(s)") in Belize can advertise, market, offer and sell, their products and services for order, purchase, reservation, hire, and through which relevant visitors of the Platform can discover, search, compare Stay (Accommodations), Play (Tours, Activities, Experiences), Ride (Shuttles), and other tourism services (the "Tourism Service(s)"), and make an order, reservation, purchase or payment (i.e. the Trip Service), thus creating and managing their own trip in accordance with their personal needs.
- UNLOCKINGBELIZE.COM acts on behalf of the Service Providers; therefore, it is not bound to provide the Tourism Services, neither directly, nor indirectly. We do not own, create, (re)sell, provide, control, manage, offer, deliver, or supply any Listings or travel service or product.
- Upon making a Booking through Unlocking Belize, you are entering into a direct contract with the Service Provider with which you make a reservation or purchase a product or service (as applicable). By confirming your Reservation, you are accepting the Service Provider’s terms and conditions and our terms and conditions. Unlocking Belize act solely as an intermediary between you and the Service Provider, transmitting the relevant details of your Reservation to the relevant Service Provider(s) and sending you a confirmation email for and on behalf of the Service Provider.
Use of The Website
As a condition of your use of this Website and our Services, you warrant that:
- you are at least 18 years of age;
- you possess the legal authority to create a binding legal obligation;
- you will only use this Website to make legitimate reservations for you or for another person for whom you are legally authorized to act;
- all information supplied by you on this Website is true, accurate, current and complete; and
- if you have an UNLOCKINGBELIZE.COM account, you will safeguard your account information and will supervise and be completely responsible for any use of your account by you and anyone other than you.
Booking Through Unlocking Belize
Unlocking Belize offer you the ability to search for, select, and book travel reservations with Service Providers without leaving Our Platform. By booking travel reservations via the websites, you will become an Account Holder if you are not one already.
Upon receipt of a booking confirmation from Unlocking Belize, a legally binding agreement is formed between you and your Service Provider, then in addition to this Agreement, you accept and agree to any additional terms and conditions of the Service Provider that apply, including in particular the applicable cancellation policy and any rules and restrictions related to the service and/or product listed.
If you have any issues or disputes with your Reservation and/or Travel Service Providers, you agree to address and resolve these with the Service Provider and not with us.
If you book a Travel Service/ Product on behalf of additional guests, you are required to ensure that every additional guest meets any requirements set by the Service Provider, and is made aware of and agrees to these Terms and any terms and conditions, rules and restrictions set by the Service Provider. If you book for an additional guest who is a minor, you represent and warrant that you are legally authorized to act on behalf of the minor, and is responsible for them.
Unlocking Belize will have no liability with respect to the acts, omissions, errors, representations, warranties, breaches or negligence of any third-party suppliers or for any personal injuries, death, property damage, or other damages or expenses resulting from your interactions with Service Providers.
Please review the description of any Stay, Play, Ride or other Service you intend to book to ensure you (and any additional guests you are booking for) meet any minimum age, proficiency, medical or physical conditions other requirements which the Service Provider has specified in their Listing.
Before and during Stay, Play or Ride Service you must at all times adhere to the Service Provider’ instructions.
- Prices are per person or group and subject to validity or expiration as indicated on the reservation, if applicable. All prices for your Tourism Service are displayed including sales tax and all other taxes and fees, unless stated differently on our Platform or the confirmation email/ticket.
- Prices change constantly, but changes will not affect existing Reservations.
- Sometimes cheaper rates are available on our Platform for a specific Stay, Play, and Ride product or service, however, these rates made available by Service Providers which may carry special restrictions and conditions (e.g. non-cancelable and non-refundable). Please check the relevant product, service and reservation conditions and details thoroughly for any such conditions before making your reservation.
- Obvious errors and mistakes (including misprints) are not binding.
- All special offers and promotions are marked as such.
- Unlocking Belize facilitates (through third party payment processors) the payment of all relevant product or service for and on behalf of the Service Provider (Unlocking Belize never acts nor operates as the merchant of record). We will deduct any commission from the Total amount collected before remitting the payout to the Service Provider.
- Payment is safely processed from your credit/debit card or bank account to the bank account of the Service Provider through a third-party payment processor
- Your payment is processed in the United States, when we process your payment.
- All prices are shown in United States dollars, unless otherwise stated.
- By making a Reservation or Purchase a product or service through Unlocking Belize's Platform, You are authorizing us to charge the relevant amount payable to your debit/credit card that includes: (i) the rate of the Tourism Service; (ii) any applicable taxes, rates and/or surcharges applicable to the Tourism Service; (iii) Credit Card Processing Fees; and (iv) our commission fee, if applicable. Except as otherwise provided on the Unlocking Belize Platform, Credit Card Processing Fees (3%) are non-refundable.
Privacy and cookies
unlockingbelize.com respects and believes in protecting your privacy. Please have a look at our privacy and cookies policy for further information.
Reservation Modifications, Cancellations and Refunds
- Service Providers and Travelers are responsible for any modifications to a Reservation that they make via the Unlocking Belize Platform or direct with Unlocking Belize customer service, and agree to pay any additional city/tourist taxes and/or cancellation fees associated with such Reservation Modifications.
- You can change or cancel a confirmed Reservation at any time pursuant to the relevant cancellation and no-show policy set by the Service Provider. These conditions are available in our Platform, during the reservation procedure and in the confirmation email or ticket (if applicable). Please read them as the Service Provider make the final decision. If you desire to adjust or cancel your Reservation, please revert to the confirmation email and follow the instructions therein.
- Please note that certain rates, fees or special offers are not eligible for cancellation, refund or change.
- If You do not appear for a reservation on the date and the time specified (or if You appear late for a Play Service), the situation is considered a No Show. You do not have the right to receive total or partial refund of the amount paid.
- If there are interruption in your schedule (e.g. late or delayed arrival on the check-in date or only arrive the next day), we recommend that you inform the Service Provider so they know when to expect you and to avoid cancellation of your Reservation or charge of the no-show fee (if applicable). If needed, our customer service department can help you informing the Service Provider Unlocking Belize does not accept any liability or responsibility for the consequences of your delayed arrival or any cancellation or charged no-show fee by the Service Provider.
- In case a refund is approved by the Service Provider, and Unlocking Belize will refund the amount of the Total amount due to the You in accordance with such cancellation policy. Refund may be made through a credit or a chargeback to the same card as the one used for making the Reservation, prior authorization of the credit card holder.
- Please note that Service Providers have the ultimate responsibility for Your safety. In the event that a Play Service that takes place primarily outdoors is no longer safe due to any reason, the Service Providers has the right to cancel the whole or part of the trip (before or after departure).
- If your Reservation has to be cancelled by the Service Providers prior to departure due to unsafe weather conditions, You shall have the choice to: accept a full refund of Total Fees for the cancelled service(s); or accept a substitute service(s) of equivalent value, where such substitute is reasonably available.
By using Our Website, you agree to comply with laws that apply to the United States and your own country, including laws that apply to exporting technical data. In addition, you will not and will not assist or enable others to:
- use this Website or its contents for any commercial purpose;
- distribute or transmit any unsolicited commercial messages (“junk mail,” “chain letter,” or “spam”);
- collect, store or access personal data about others;
- make any speculative, false, or fraudulent reservation or any reservation in anticipation of demand;
- use any feature of Our Platform for any purpose that is unlawful, harmful, or otherwise objectionable or inappropriate, as determined by us;
- use, display, frame, mirror or otherwise incorporate any part of this Website (i.e. Unlocking Belize's name, any Unlocking Belize trademark, logo or other proprietary information) without our express written consent;
- use any device, software or routine that interferes or attempts to interfere, prevent or restrict with the normal operation of Our Website; or
- access, monitor, reproduce, distribute, transmit, broadcast, display, sell, license, copy or otherwise exploit any content of the Services, including but not limited to, user profiles and photos, using any robot, spider, crawler, scraper or other automated means or any manual process.
Limitation of Liability
To the extent permitted by law, neither Unlocking Belize nor any of our officers, directors, employees, representatives, agents, shareholders, affiliates, and Service Providers will be liable for (a) any loss or damages to, or viruses that may infect, your computer or other property as the result of your access to Our Website, your downloading of any content from Our Website or your use of products or Services or (b) any personal injury; death; disability; loss; claim; act of god; accident; delay; or any direct, special, exemplary, punitive, indirect, incidental or consequential damages of any kind, whether based on a theory of negligence, contract, tort, strict liability, consumer protection statutes, or otherwise, that arise out of or is in any way connected with: (i) any use of Our Website, Service(s) or our content; (ii) any inability to use or delay of our Platform; or (iii) the performance or nonperformance by us or any Service Provider, even if foreseeable.
Links to third party Sites
You agree to defend and indemnify Unlocking Belize, the Unlocking Belize Partners, and/or their respective suppliers and any of their officers, directors, employees harmless from and against any claim, cause of action, liability, expense, damages, fines, loss or demand, including, without limitation, reasonable legal and accounting fees, arising out of or in any way connected with (i) your breach of these Terms or our Policies, (ii) your breach of any applicable law or regulations, and (iii) your use of or access to Our Website, or any Products or Services.